Wednesday, December 11, 2013

2013 Day 8 - Christmas Tree

I guess I already spewed about Christmas trees but I'm sure I can pull out another story (who am I kidding...I have TONS) about this topic.

After I started being "THE" tree setter-upper (so, probably in jr high school-ish), I decided that we needed to try having strung popcorn...O.M.G!  The biggest thing I learned was...Do. NOT. Do. That. Again!  What a mess!  As long as you had a BIG HONKING piece where you could put the needle through, you would end up with exploded popcorn all over the place (the popcorn would split).  You really never notice, until you pop popcorn & foolishly think that you can string it...that maybe only 1/4 of it has big enough puffy sections to actually string.  Please...do NOT attempt this!

Just when you get on a roll....your STRING KNOTS up and you can't dare tug on it because any extra movement on the string results in popcorn splitting and falling onto the floor - nightmare!  I don't recall any photos with the year of the popcorn on the tree...but there may be one at my parent's place.

Perhaps we just didn't know what we were doing, or maybe there is special stringing popcorn to purchase...I don't know, but I repeat, yet again....do. NOT. make this mistake!

I vaguely remember also stringing FROZEN cranberries the same evening...I recall once they got partially thawed, it was relatively easy to string...but if you waited to long, it was a red/liquid mess.

Repeat it after me....Do. Not. Attempt. This!

No comments:

Post a Comment