Friday, December 20, 2013

2013 Day 19 - Man in Red

I don't remember what I thought about Santa when I 1st went to see him, but even without a picture, I know that I screamed my head off.  I was (and still am) extremely shy even with people I know.  Apparently once my brother arrived on the scene, HE started crying and I was ok (LOL).

We'd always make sure that what we wrote in our Christmas letter was the same as what we told Santa - the Santa ask was always the crucial gift...especially after Hobo the cat arrived that morning when I was in Grade 2, we KNEW that if there was a gift we really wanted and our parents were not interested in...the only way to get it was through the Man in Red!

I remember one year when we were reading the note left by Santa for Christmas morning, that I thought the printing looked like my fathers.  The next year, we saw a new tv show - "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" - WELL - it was loaded with facts that only SANTA would know, so I set to write a big list of questions for Santa to answer while he was munching on cookies and milk.  LOL!  Of course, Santa being Santa, he KNEW all the answers about his life, so I was still on the fence, because that definitely was Dad's handwriting! 

I can't remember if I figured it out then or a bit later or if we just continued believing or maybe Mom just said one day....I really hate buying stocking stuffers.

I DO know that the Polar Express gets me crying every time I watch it, as does watching the kids see Santa arrive for his 1st photo shoot of the season and I find myself waving to him myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment