Sunday, December 8, 2013

2013 Day 3 - Planning Happiness

I'm all about planning, just not about follow-through....lol!

For Christmas, I have a spreadsheet with all the stuff that needs to be done...its the same list every year.  I deviate from the plan in when I accomplish the items, not particularly the types of things to do.

As for party planning, every year, our families come over for Christmas Eve supper - my parents, GJA's Mom and my 2 BFFs.  Some years we have extra guests - my brother (with/without girlfriend), BFF's boyfriend....   THIS year, I'm thinking of changing up the menu....from a M&M lasagne (which we've had for every year since this started), I'm thinking of lemon chicken...lol!  My issue with this planning is oven space.  I also always have hot appetizers, but that's tricky when you need to cook chicken...and what sides...oh my?!  I'm cooking impaired, so its stressful.

I like to have everything decided, purchased, prepared, so when the big day comes, the oven does the work and I can drink & be merry with my friends and family.

The reason that we do the Christmas Eve thing is the 1st year my parents were at home alone on Christmas Eve, my mother called to see what the plan was for Christmas morning and I could tell she was sad....so I asked them to come over and we'd play some games.  The following year, we had them over for supper and I decided I'd also invite my 2 single girlfriends and it became tradition!

We also host the parents for gift opening around 10 am on Christmas day and we also have a light lunch.  I"m still spoiled and supper is at my parent's place!

Christmas eve (my parents and Miriam) - waiting for GJA to mix our drinks

Mom & I Preparing Christmas day lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment