Tuesday, December 24, 2013

2013 Day 24 - Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is now my busiest day - its normally the day I get up and be at the grocery store at 8 am to get all my food that should last from now until Dec 28!  I try to purchase most of it on Dec 23 so all I really need is fruit, veggies and baked goods.  Then its the MAD PANIC RUSH to clean the entire house (even though I've been working on it for several days, the main floor, where most people will be, is always a disaster - due to Mr. Hoarder).

Every year I say - you have to move the stuff off of the island BEFORE Dec 24 because if you wait until 3 pm...I'm in the middle of prepping for dinner...I don't THEN have time to stop and CLEAN the island because its finally been cleaned (only happens 1x a year-sigh)...but I digress.

After cleaning is done, then its prepping for dinner.  I think I posted already about this on Day 3 and today will be no different.  Once the guests arrive then its time to let the oven do its job & DH to mix some drinks!

I help kiddo write his note to Santa, put out the milk, cookies and carrot and off we go for the reading of Twas the Night Before Christmas.  After that its time to haul out all the presents and put them under the tree - DH isn't much help with this its like he doesn't understand how to put gifts under the tree or into a stocking.  This (and last) year, I actually had everything wrapped by now...and its fantastic, because I used to be still wrapping gifts while everyone went to bed on Christmas Eve.

Since most of this year's journaling has been about looking back, I'm going to try to remember Christmas Eve when I was a kid.  To be honest, all I can remember is putting our stockings out and being really REALLY excited & giggling in my bedroom with my Granny.  We also wrote a note for Santa and left out milk, cookies and a carrot.  I guess I also remember that my brother and I would talk through the heat vents...lol!

Well - I best get AT it...its 8:45 am and I need to get cleaning!

Merry Merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment