Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 Day 7 - Sensory Overload

Getting in touch with the 5 senses during the holiday....

Seeing...Lights, definitely lights!  It is always a favourite!  Many more houses put lights on than they did when I was a kid & I love to ooh and ahh at them.  We were able to see the lights at the legislature grounds this year!


Hearing…I love Christmas carols!  This year was our son's last school Christmas concert (which makes me want to cry just thinking about it).  They did the entire "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and it was fantastic!  His Grade 3 class sang "Fah who for-aze"; "Where are you Christmas" "Carold of the Bells" & "We wish you a Merry Christmas".


Smelling....TURKEY!  YUMMY!  I love the smell of a cooking turkey. 


Feeling.....It was a fairly mild Christmas - around -10C or warmer!  Usually its one of the coldest weeks of the year!


Tasting....A favourite treat is a Second Cup Candy Cane Hot Chocolate - I've only had TWO this year...boo hoo...but each one was incredibly yummy!
___________________________
On Dec 7 this year, it WAS our last day in paradise.  The prior day I was sad we were leaving and thinking that I would cry on the bus or plane...but having that extra day helped prepare for the departure.  We spent the morning by the pool, checking out and having our last yummy lunch.  It was a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment