Monday, December 22, 2014

2014 Day 2 - Countdown Memories

Today’s prompt asked me to think about the Christmas countdown in my childhood.

Thinking back, I guess one of the 1st countdown memories that comes to mind is my mother hauling out a pad of paper and several boxes of Christmas cards.  It was usually mid to late November and it also included a lot of sighing because it was such a big task.

She would write at least a 2 page letter to everyone - and this was hand-written on un-lined paper.  I'm sure her hand was cramping like crazy.  When I was in university, I started doing letters too - and I hand wrote all of mine too.  After the 1st one though, I would just copy it over and over for other letters (some people would get all the paragraphs and others wouldn't).  So glad when I moved to typing them instead!

Anyway, in my mind's eye, I can see the beautiful cards sitting on the floor, around her chair - knowing that we would soon receive many beautiful cards with lovely long hand written letters from friends and family.
_______________________
This year, on December 2, we had a day trip to Puerto Vallarta & a yummy dinner at the Japanese restaurant.



No comments:

Post a Comment