Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 Day 5 - Written Communication

Christmas cards were different for me this year and there were a few reasons.

1. Trip to Mexico - With having to get the house, gift getting etc ready early, I made a decision that I wouldn't really have time - so rather than stressing myself by MAKING cards again this year, I decided to NOT do it.

2.  No Microsoft Word - We got a new computer in the summer and even though someone in the house can get an amazing deal on an MS bundle...he waited until the DAY before I flew out to Mexico to install it!  This meant I didn't have our Christmas letter designed, made, or sent for printing prior to my trip (as WAS the plan).  THIS point also meant that my labels weren't printed and ready to adhere to Christmas cards (which I had expected to have done prior to my trip).

3.  We got our family photo taken and it included 20 professionally designed Christmas cards...and our son's school had a fund raiser where the kids design a Christmas card and its professionally printed (which we purchased 20)...so, there were my 40 cards!

Anyway - I managed to get it all done and sent...just after the mailing deadline...but it was done!  Kind of felt like cheating...I didn't personalize anything.

PHEW
____________________
This year, on December 5, we took a morning trip to a tiny surfing town near our hotel.  We were able to purchase a few souvenirs and it was quite enjoyable.  I also purchased a cute, beaded Christmas ornament for m souvenir of the trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment