Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 Day 4 - Greatest gift

Last year I talked about THE greatest gift of my childhood, but another memorable one was an LP!

Yes, I mean a real record.  It was "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby.  I don't think I knew it was Bing Crosby when I asked for it...I said it was a Christmas album that was white and had a big head in the centre of it.  My mother asked and asked and re-asked if I was sure that was what I wanted...why would a young girl want an album made my an old man?

Well...THIS girl (aka...ME) did AND she listened to it at least a bazillion times....and later on, as a young adult, I got it on tape.  As you can imagine, I now have it on CD and also the movie on DVD.  Even though I have MORE Christmas CDs than any other type of music (and purchase at least 1 new one a year...this year I got about 7)...this album is still my favourite!


_______________
This year, on December 4, I ALSO had a pretty big gift.  For my 50th year, I made a list of things I would like to do to commemorate surviving to this age - this list included several trips (knowing I'd be lucky to even do 1 of them, but expecting none); take classes (never happened); work on health (yay me, I did this); work on scrapbook at least 1 day a week (yay...did that); meet with BFFS to work on scrapbook once a month (yay...achieved)... and many others I didn't get to.

BUT one item on this list was to swim with dolphins...and...guess what...This day, Dec 4, 2014, the day we are to talk about the greatest gift, I got to SWIM WITH DOLPHINS!  I wasn't a bit worried, it was so amazing to be in the pool with 2 dolphins, to pat them, to hold onto their fins for a ride...on and on!

It was the best day ever (well, next to waking up Christmas morning to our precious cat Hobo and this White Christmas CD)!



2 comments: