Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2015 Day 8 - Christmas Tree

Here's a photo from a past Christmas (my brother and I setting out our stockings Christmas Eve)...I believe I would have been in Grade 1 or Kindergarten because I don't have glasses on.
The thing that blows my mind the most is the crazy amount of presents.  The other thing is the old, 1960's ornaments...garland, tinsel and silk-covered ornaments.  These ornaments were unbreakable and covered with very shiny threads...1/2 of them were red and the other 1/2 were 'gold'....and looked like this, but not green...green would have been an improvement.
I always loved tinsel...most of it was the original 'lead' kind and would get bends in it.  In later years, when I was more involved with decorating, we'd have tons and TONS of tinsel...miss that stuff!  Graeme bought me 'metal' tinsel, but its not the same.
It annoys me that when you google tinsel...what shows up is GARLAND...come on youngsters, get it right...anyway, here's a photo of our metal tinsel

No comments:

Post a Comment