Monday, December 28, 2015

2015 Day 5 - Written Communication

I had drafted our Christmas letter before I went on my trip.  As it turned out, it was pretty much identical to last year...except we went to Calgary for a week in the summer and Graeme went to Vegas for a week...otherwise, same old, same old.

In reality, its been pretty much the same letter for 5 years...other than changing the date, photos, age/grade of PJ...its pretty much the same letter...BORING!

I printed out the letter, which included photos, plus developed a family photo and bought a box of cards and wrote in each of them....didn't take forever.  What I thought about after the fact, while looking at the cards we received, we only got maybe 2 letters from families like ours...and no 'card' or individual photo...just the photo-card from Walmart...

SO...I'm thinking...why am I spending $ on a letter being copied, a developed photo, a physical card PLUS stamp plus physically writing the recipient's name on each card....when maybe TWO other people are doing the same thing.

Is anyone reading the letter...is just a photo card enough....since that's all they are caring to send...why do I need to send them more?  Maybe only give letter to those we don't see at all during the year (like those that don't have facebook) and then just do a photo-card like everyone else.

hmmmmm...inquiring minds want to know what I should do next year.


________________
This year, Day 5 was our last day in paradise...boo hoo.  This is a photo of me posing with my water aerobics and zumba instructor.


No comments:

Post a Comment