Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015 Day 14 - Places We Go

When thinking about where we would go during Christmas, my 1st thought was that we never went anywhere...maybe once to my grandparent's place in Saskatoon, but I would have been pretty young at the time and I can't really recall it...I should ask my mother so I can reclaim those memories. 

One year we were in Hawaii...I'll have to talk about that another time because what DID come to mind was that we went to my aunt's parent's place a couple of times.  Uncle Arthur (dad's brother) and Aunt Helen and kids (Dave and Rob) lived in Calgary...every other year my Granny would do Christmas down there and she'd be with use between Christmas and the New Year.  Often, in the years that she was at our place for Christmas, they would come up to Edmonton to visit with Aunt Helen's family (if it wasn't a year they were also in Calgary).  On these rare occasions when everyone was in Edmonton, Aunt Helen's parents would invite us to go over for Christmas dinner (because there were only 5 of us). 

My brother and I didn't like going because we were (are) shy and their house was SO full of people (Aunt Helen had 3...or is it 4...sisters...so there were husbands and lots of other kids).  Anyway, everyone would mainly be sitting in the basement  with TV trays and we'd all be eating.  Now that I think of it...was it for dinner or for nibbles/coffee...I really don't remember. 

The house was decorated in a typical 70's decor (as was our house) and I always enjoyed looking at other people's Christmas trees and decorations.  It always ended up being a fun time, even if we didn't really want to go.

It looked a lot like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment