Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2015 Day 7 - Sensory Overload

Getting in touch with the 5 senses during the holiday....

Seeing:  Lights are the best...can't get enough of them.  Even today, on Dec 29, I'm hoping to get PJ out to see more lights.  We did get to the Legislature grounds again this year!



Hearing:  I've been listening to Christmas music since mid November....love it!  Because PJ's school is overflowing with kids grade 3 & under, he didn't have a Christmas concert (because he's in grade 4).  I think that Grade 4 is WAY TOO YOUNG to not have a Christmas concert, but what can you do.  I did go to the school for their last day of school carol singing in the gym...it was hilarious.

This year we also went to the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra Christmas concert

Miriam and I attended our friend Barb's Christmas concert (she's the one conducting the choir with red antlers on her head & arms out in the air).

Smelling:  Turkey...nothing beats the smell of turkey cooking

Feeling:  It was -13C on Christmas day, but with windchill, it felt like -18C.  Apparently "normal" for Christmas day is -3C...which seems like crap to me considering the 3 years I've been doing JYC, its been -24C, -10C and -13C!

Tasting:  Normally I have a Candy Cane hot chocolate during the season, but this year they had Peppermint Bark hot chocolate...YUMMY...nice and minty but has proper chocolate instead of that crazy white chocolate stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment