Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 Day 19 - Man in Red

For some reason, when I read this title, it took me back to my 1st year working at Price Waterhouse in 1990 (or maybe it was 1991).  At that time, they had a kid's Christmas party (why, I don't know...because there weren't too many with young kids).  Anyway, I digress....there was some rule that 2 of the new students had to be Santa's Elves and help with the kid's party.  There were lots of girls that started that year and being that I was the SHORTEST (even though also the oldest) of the group, it was pretty much a given that I had to be one of the elves.

I was concerned that it would be a tarty outfit, but thankfully it wasn't ... and I actually can't remember what it looked like and I never did see a photo...so that's good (and bad).  Back then, I only weighed about 95 lbs...so it wouldn't have been too traumatic (although, I'm sure that at the time, I thought I was a complete whale).  The only thing that I recall is that it was fun and we didn't do much...but that was my one and only time working with the man in red (other than doing all the stocking stuffer shopping, wrapping and stocking-stuffing).

 _______________
This year, on Dec 19, was the last day of school before the Christmas break.  I dropped off the candy cane cards & high-tailed it to the mall for my last walk and purchases before I had PJ under-foot until January.  Right after lunch, the school had caroling in the gym, so I stayed around after the lunch drop-off to join in with the singing.  It was fun because I sat right on the floor, in the middle of the grade 3's.  Even though the words were projected for the kiddos to sing from, most of them didn't have a clue how the songs went...so I just sang my little lungs out (as best I could because I was getting a cold and it was the start of losing my voice).

After leaving them for their party, I went for a relaxing Chai Tea Latte & cranberry bliss...my last relaxing treat before the crazy week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment