Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 Day 15 - Deck the Halls

Before we had PJ, I had a LOT more decorations setup in the house.  We have beautiful, lighted garlands that I used to put on the stair rail.  Several large poinsettia displays, two large nutcrackers,  and an ornament tree FULL of Swarovski crystal snowflakes.

Not only do I not have TIME to put all of this out for the holidays...the kiddo has always been too hyper (aka...careless) and I don't want them ruined.  I hope that one day I'll have the time & energy to put them out again.

I just remembered we also have some pretty blue glass ornaments & glass snowflakes & mirror-ball ornaments that I used to put on the tree, as well as tinsel (not the tinsel of my youth, but more like ornamental tinsel) - I really should pull them out next year (well, the snowflakes are pretty sturdy, they could make an appearance and be safe from Mr. Distructo).  See here...Mr. Distructo's 1st Christmas and those ornaments are all on the tree...because he couldn't even sit up yet, so they were safe.


________________
This year, Dec 15 was a day of getting things done!  I got all gifts that needed to be mailed all wrapped, boxed and ready to go.  I also picked up our Christmas letter and put them with Christmas cards...all labeled, stuffed, stamped and ready to GO!!!!!!!!  PHEW!

2 comments: