Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 Day 16 - Culture & Entertainment

This year, we went to the Edmonton Symphony Christmas Pop's concert (much like last year).  It was a great time and PJ was singing along to the songs he knew (which is great fun because he didn't do that last year).  He really enjoyed it and for the last song he ran into the aisle and jumped up and down and waved at the performers.


I had always loved to go to the Singing Christmas tree when I was a young adult.  A friend (Barb Symyrozym) performed in the tree and sometimes as a main singer, so it was always a treat.  That church was closed down and there hadn't been a singing Christmas tree concert for several years, but it came back at the Jubilee Auditorium a couple of years ago.  I wanted to take PJ to it because I knew he would love it...and he did!  It was bright and peppy and he had a great time dancing and singing!  It might have to be an annual tradition!
_______________
This year, on Dec 16, I mailed all the Christmas cards..WOO HOO...I normally mail these the 1st week of December.  One thing I learned was that the cards still arrived on time after mailing them so late (well, not the ones headed to the USA or to Australia...but all the Canada ones did, even though it was after the mailing deadline).

I also did some stocking stuffer purchases and then managed to fall, quite heavily, on the ice...landing on my right elbow!  My fingers were tingling for awhile - I was really glad that I had all the cards done, but was worried that I'd have trouble wrapping gifts (since I hadn't really started by this  point).  Thankfully, it was feeling better by the next day...phew...dodged a bullet!


No comments:

Post a Comment